23 Years

|
I've lived on this planet for 23 years and a day. More, if you count gestational time, but I won't. I've learned a ton of stuff, most of which amounts to the fact that I know basically nothing. Some of it, though, might actually be useful in the future. Might have been useful in the past, too, but here I am, mostly better for it.

When I was 5 years old, my sister, Peyton, was born. I remember, like it was yesterday, being fascinated with age, asking my parents all kinds of questions. "How old will Peyton be when I'm 6?" Still 0. "How old will I be when Peyton is 6?" 11 years old. I freaked out. ELEVEN?! I'll practically be an adult!

This cycle continued for years, until I turned 17. Then, I didn't care. I felt perfectly content as a 17-year-old, and when I turned 18, I welcomed it with open arms. It was time.

Now, 23 seems simultaneously perfect and premature. It's certainly not old, but aren't I supposed to have life figured out by now? Aren't I supposed to know what I want?

I know myself better. I'm more myself and still not quite myself yet.

I had a list of things I've learned lately that I was going to share. I decided not to use it. Seems silly, at this point, because one of the main things I've learned is that I still have so much left to learn.

But I made it this far. And I know where I'm going.

And that is enough.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature