Almost 1

|
Things have been so crazy lately that I haven't even really had time to freak out about Maya's upcoming first birthday. Am I gonna freak out? Should I? Would it be bad if I didn't? I don't know. It seems like she should be 1, so I'm kinda like YEAH! A year! A year? Only a year? Already a year?! Well, a year makes sense. I mean, she acts like a one-year-old, I think... This is the process I've gone through each time I've actually thought about what's happening.
Her cake smash was adorable and hilarious. She was so cute it'd kill you. She didn't really get it, though, and we learned she is just not comfortable with being messy. She really perked up after we gave her a spoon, which kinda takes the wind out of a cake "smash", but the resulting pictures were perfect. They were done by my very talented sister (who is available for back-to-school sessions RIGHT NOW!)
She's sorta talking, but not. By that, I mean she's a big fan of repeating goofy sounds or fun-sounding words, but the only word she consistently uses correctly on her own is "baby".

She's a big fan of bracelets or purses or anything she can wear as such. She's okay with headbands as long as you make a big deal about how "pretty" it is.

She's knows what she wants and gets instantly frustrated if something is too heavy, out of her reach, or simply stuck. She's friendly and makes friends everywhere we go.

Justin told me the other day that I'm going to have to help guide him through her personality because lately it's becoming clear she got much more of my personality than his. I was unsure if his needing help was a compliment to me or an insult but I didn't ask. (Plus, I know I'm a lot to handle, and I don't ask questions I don't want to know the answers to.)

We were taken on a trip to Six Flags, a first for Maya and me, and it was SO fun. Aside from Maya getting hit full force with allergies and Justin still recovering from Rocky Mountain fever, it went pretty smoothly and we all had an amazing time. I've already been mentally planning my next trip there.
But heat rash like WHOA.

The last two months have been a whirlwind, and this one doesn't look like it's gonna slow down any. And I need a pedicure and my roots are down to *here* and I think I'm about to go full-on white girl about fall BUT FIRST! Turn this baby 1.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature