She Needs Me (I Need Her)

|
Baby girl, take it one day at a time...

Maya looks up at me and a tear escapes her eye and rolls down the side of her face. I wipe it away as I sing to her. The frown on her face fades a little as her eyes slowly close. If she were able to talk, I'm sure she'd tell me how tired she is and how much she hates it.

...you can't just grow up overnight...

It breaks my heart to see her so upset, to hear her cry, to watch tiny tears fall down her face. She wimpers a little as her cries fade, and I'm glad I get to be the one that comforts her. I'm glad I get to hold her little body in my arms and sing her songs and comfort her in a way that no one else can.

Baby girl, I know you're feeling butterflies...

I kiss her little cheek, risking stirring her, but I can't resist. She will only be so small for so long, and I don't want to deprive myself of one kiss or hug or goodnight song. I love being able to hand her to a loved one when I want to shower, or eat, or go to the bathroom. But I miss her every second of that time and I don't even question how that is possible.

...but everything will be alright...

At the end of my life, I'll be grateful for every time I got to rock her to sleep.

Everything will be alright.


1 comment on "She Needs Me (I Need Her)"
  1. So True So Glad You Have All these Wonderful Moments. You Are A Great Mom.;)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature