A Moment of Peace

|
...Which I ruin, of course, with all this thinking.


A day of constant setbacks and interruptions has ultimately led me to where I am now: in my bed at 5:06pm next to a (finally) sleeping toddler and feeling the strong kicks and somersaults of a very awake bump-baby. I have a load of dishes to do, and clean laundry covers the living room furniture, but I'm not jumping up to go anywhere just yet.

I'll get up soon and be mamamaid (which is kinda like a mermaid but not nearly as gorgeous or glamorous or graceful), but I was taken out of my zone by a sudden moment of peacefulness. Peace is rare these days. (Or is it? I don't know. I haven't had much time to stop and think about it.) I don't want to miss a valuable moment, even if it risks me falling asleep and accomplishing nothing. (Because I'm so tired, guys. I think prego-bod is starting to get to me. My brain is all crazy, my body hurts, my abs are borderline useless now. I need bath bombs and delicious food and to sleep in just once.)

1000 parentheses later & I eventually get back to my point. (Which was...?)

Those who know her best would argue that there is no such thing as peace when Maya is around, and I wouldn't disagree. But baby boy is around, too. Maya is a little too young to know he's here, but he still has his own energy, already. I've started to realize that calm isn't the absence of energy, it's a force all its own.

...Thank God, amirite? Between Maya and me, we have an imbalance in our house. Justin and I balance each other out; Maya tipped the scales. OBVIOUSLY the logical thing to do is bring in another kid and pray to the Good Lord that he's like Justin. So far, observation of the guests at Hotel Reghan would indicate that he is nothing like Maya at all. She explored every inch of this uterus and slept only when absolutely necessary. He tends to chill at the top and stretches and plays, eh, whenever he feels like it. I just knew Maya was gonna be an energetic ball of sunshine. Not to get all hippie on you, but I'm feeling more of a moon vibe from this guy.

Regardless, he'll be his own person just as Maya is her own. I'll do the mom thing like I'm supposed to. I'll hold up my end of the deal and feed him and love him and stuff. However, this time around, I have a few demands in return. I didn't make any demands with Maya at all prior to her birth, and that seems to have been a huge mistake. I may have been naïve then, but I'm no dummy now. Baby #2 is unfortunate in that way, but he actually has it better, I'd say. He restores a balance in energy in our house, and I provide him with a higher level of expertise in caring for babies. Easy peasy.

At the very least, I just need him to distract her. I'm tired of having to undo Maya's rearrangement of the fridge every time I do the dishes, and I already really hate doing the dishes.

But I'll settle for a moment like this every now and then, when it's just me, my two babies, and a little bit of peace.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature