The Princess & the Pee

|
This article was originally posted on TheBLT, where I'm a guest columnist.

My princess certainly doesn't need anyone to save her—maybe not even me.


If my almost-two-year-old daughter could talk, I think she would've already taught herself to read and write. If she could write, I think she'd be running a blog dedicated to educating the toddlers of the world on the best ways to gain independence. If she could read, I'd be leaving her notes around the house, reminding her that she is, in fact, a toddler, and not the grown-up she seems to believe she is.

This article is truer now than it was when I wrote it almost two months ago. Fortunately for me, I'm about to have another baby. Otherwise, I think I'd be rendered useless in this gig I have as Maya's mom. Are they supposed to grow up this fast? I mean, they say kids grow up quickly. But they don't tell you how quickly babies grow up!

The bottom line is that I'm not even needed anymore, basically. She keeps me around to write her memoirs and drive her everywhere. Maya, if you're reading this, remember me and all the diapers I changed when you're running your own business at six years old.

Read the article in its entirety here.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature