On Food: Panera Pickup

|
I am not a spokeswoman for Applebees or anything, so I don't know this for sure, but I'm pretty positive that their secret ingredient in everything is jalapenos. I'm pretty sure it's a fact. I don't mind a little bit of heat every now and then, but I hate jalapenos. They're hot, sure, but they don't even taste good.

Justin (husband) thinks that Cracker Barrel's secret ingredient is brown sugar. I have no idea why this thought would be repulsive in any way. I love the Barrel. Used to work there, even! If their secret ingredient is brown sugar, then I must love brown sugar even more than I thought I did.

Justin is super sick right now, and for lunch I went to Chick-fil-A to get him some chicken noodle soup. Their chicken noodle soup is second to none. I love soup, so I got myself a bowl as well. It was amazing and delicious, so when he wanted more for dinner, I was all about it. Turns out, they were out of soup. WORST DAY EVER. It was probably a couple of jerks who ate it all for lunch! So, instead, I decided to go to Panera for soup. Problem was, I had my dog with me. He loves car rides, whatever. He was there. I didn't want to leave him in the car, so I called in the order on my way to drop him off at home so I could just run back and pick up the food. The timing would be about perfect. Problem is, I didn't want to search for the number while I drove, so I did the ol' 411. She mentioned a few locations, and I thought I recognized all but one, and I knew they weren't right, so I went with the one I didn't recognize, assuming it was the one I wanted. I put in my order, all was good.

They close at 9pm, so I made it back to Panera in time to pick up my order. They didn't have an order keyed in for me. Some guy from the back came over and was all "GAHH!" and threw a "Sorry about that, ma'am," over his shoulder as he went back to work. LUCKILY I was making my order all over again, because this time I got the very last apple crunch muffin which is straight from Heaven. They didn't have sweet tea, but NO BIG DEAL because I recently made the difficult decision to drink unsweetened tea if I'm going to drink tea, and they have unsweetened açaí berry tea that I'm sure is also straight from Heaven. Even more so than Texadelphia's raspberry hibiscus tea with lime.

SO. As I waited, I sat down next to a poster that advertised their autumn squash soup, and I kicked myself for not having seen it sooner. I watched a chick mop the floor, which turned out not to be a total waste, because the mop itself actually broke off the handle mid-sweep, which is probably the most exciting thing to happen there since that one time when a chick walked in to pick up a to-go order that hadn't even been keyed in. Crazy day! I got my food and was able to walk out of there pretty much right at 9pm. I don't even get out of the parking lot before I get a call from... you guessed it, Panera!

"You placed a to-go order with us. We close in two minutes. Will you be picking up your order?" When she asks this, I wonder if this girl was hidden behind all the baked goods somewhere and just missed the whole thing. I explained that the order wasn't keyed in, they made me a new one, I just left with it. She starts to ask me another question, and it hits me: I called the wrong location.

"I am so sorry. It's totally my fault, I called the wrong location, which explains why they didn't have it keyed in," I said.
She replies, "No, I think you called the right location, you just picked it up at the wrong place."

...What? No. Hold up. First of all, this is absolutely a 6's scenario. I'm all, "It's 6!" And she's all, "Actually, it's a half dozen." Second of all, screw the 6's scenario! I'm totally right! I knew exactly where I'd pick it up, I just called the wrong place!

Then she says, "Did you pick it up at the one off of 40?" Yes. "By the steakhouse and the Petsmart?" Yes, that's where I went. "Strange," she says, and we end the call.

I then realize that both of the locations in question are off of 40 and are by a steakhouse and a Petsmart. Freeeeaky. She probably thinks I'm the dumbest customer alive. Maybe I am, but at least I got my apple crunch muffin and at least I got to see a chick lose half her mop and at least I got to discover the wonders of new exotic teas - however short-lived, because I drank half of it and spilled the rest as I pulled it out of the fridge for a "midnight snack" of sorts. No caffeine this late, I suppose.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature