Girl!

|

Yaaaaay!

Little Baby Straily #1 is a girl!

Many of you may know that Justin was on Team Boy, but how upset could you possibly be when you learn who your first baby is? You can't be upset, and he can't even pretend to be.

I only thought he had turned all fierce protector before. He's already bracing himself for boyfriends and makeup and expensive prom dresses and "Great, just what we need... a daughter with my butt." ...In the ultrasound, her little tush did look just like his. It's pretty clear to me that she has his face, too, so at this point I'm just hoping she'll have my eyes? my brilliant personality? something? anything?

I may have promised him, like, 50 boys after this girl. May have.

Remember my last post when I said how active this baby is already? Multiply that by 10 and that's what life is like now. It's getting strong enough where I don't have to be trying to feel her move. She distracts me from tasks on the daily. (More foreshadowing, probably.) AND, for the first time, I saw her moving FROM THE OUTSIDE OF MY STOMACH, like there's actually something in there, living and breathing (sort of) and peeing (gross, right?) and moving.

Active and happy. Stretching all the time and, based on the ultrasounds, training to be the athletic/hiccuping champion.

I have been saying from the beginning that this baby will be a burst of sunshine, a ray of light everywhere she goes. When I woke up on the ultrasound day on Monday and checked my Bible app for the verse of the day, it was this:
"The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world." John 1:9
 I should say that this verse refers to Jesus, and I'm certainly not suggesting that my kid is Jesus. But how rad is it that, on the day we find out who our baby is, we get this verse that mirrors how we feel about our active little ball of sunshine?

She's perfectly healthy, and is right on track with her growth. Now we've just gotta watch and make sure she doesn't secretly become some 10 pound monstrosity and bust out of my stomach all horror movie style.
2 comments on "Girl!"
  1. hahaha.. I totally feel you. Fern is 100% Tristan. The only things she gets from me are learned behavior from being around her 24/7. Tristan says she has my eyes too, but when she uses them for facial expressions, it's all him.


    <3 I miss being pregnant. Reading all of your posts sends me into this nostalgic thing. (although I distinctly remember by the time I was able to feel her without trying, I was saying 'GET THIS KID OUTTA ME!". and wanting to punch anyone getting all nostalgic over pregnancy) :)

    sigh. The good ole days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! To me, she looks like you!

    I think I'm smaller than many at this point in pregnancy, so I may be saying that very thing before this gig is over! So far, other than taking FOREVER, I love being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature