25 Weeks + some days

|

This baby inside me is huge. I mean, she's small for a baby, but huge for being in my stomach! I've gotten used to [not] sleeping and I've adjusted to the heartburn, but my trusty body is not as trusty as it used to be. I don't know that I'll ever really adjust to the physical issues, partly because I've been in denial about a lot of them.

You don't have to have a beach ball belly to struggle to get out of bed. You don't have to have a short torso to have fiery heartburn. Pregnancy brain is real. Swollen feet/ankles/calves are just a part of life.

As of the last week, I can't have a single thing in my stomach without feeling like my belly skin is stretched to it's limit. That's a thing now.

Also as of the last week, baby girl is official viable outside the womb! Milestones!

 

Pregnancy is weird, don't you think? You have this baby in there - a real, live baby - and it's just growing away, waiting to be born.

Spring is in full swing. Of course, it feels a lot more like summer most of the time, but I'm not complaining about that. (Yet.) Spring means it's officially time to register. I was putting off doing this until after Justin's birthday, but now that that's done, the registry lobe in my brain has totally shut down. Nesting is a real thing, too, and I blame that for the fact that I'm overwhelmed. (But I'm still in denial about that.)

Stop nesting. The nurse in birthing class said not to waste energy.

This baby girl has more clothes than I know what to do with. All I want to do is sort them and wash them and hang them up.

What does she know?

How soon is too soon to decorate a nursery?

25 weeks. The calendar on the fridge won't need to be rewritten until 30 weeks. I remember when it said 8 weeks and I wrote "raspberry" in red marker because that's how big she was then. I didn't know she was a she yet. I hadn't had my first ultrasound yet. I hadn't even heard her heartbeat yet.

Now, the calendar goes all the way to 30 weeks, and I stopped keeping track of how big she is in relation to fruit a long time ago.

We're so so so so so so close. Excited doesn't begin to cover how we feel. 



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature