11 Months & Lately

|
I'd like to start this post by patting myself on the back for the upgraded blog. Yay, me! If you know me, you might know that I hate web design. And, even though this blog template was pre-made, I still had to do way more than the desired amount of IT work to fix some issues and do some formatting. NOW HERE WE ARE! I did have to take multiple breaks to, you know, take care of my kid, but that's just a convenient excuse for why it took me as long as it did.

Speaking of my kid, she's only ten days away from being a whopping eleven months old. She can walk now (!!!) and does so about half the time, or when she forgets people are watching. She's very smart - too smart, really. She knows what a baby is and can even say the word. And even though she knows who mama and dada are, she says "dada" when she's happy (which is often) and "mama" when she's upset (which is also often). I think she's more like a fairy, like Tinkerbell, where her body is small enough that it can't hold more than one emotion at a time. I feel like a broken record with this, because she's always been this way. She's happy until she isn't, and she is unafraid to let you know.

We've had so much fun the last week and a half doing all kinds of things. Between her first 4th of July, first trip to Medicine Park and Mount Scott, first trip to the Children's Museum, and first time at Andy Alligator's, she's been having a blast! She also stayed in a hotel for the first time. I was worried that she'd end up being a homebody, but thankfully, she's been totally adaptable and has been going with the flow.





















When it comes to milestones, Justin and I are basically pros now. Pros in parenting, pros in marriage... We're thinking of opening up shop and selling our priceless advice. HAAAAAHAHAHA.
For real though, last month, we hit our five year anniversary. [Insert "aawwws" here.] My very talented sister documented the occasion for us.























The thing about this anniversary is that it felt so... right. Being parents is the best thing ever, honestly, and even though having dinner alone has a lot more work around it, it's still something I'm happy to be doing. Although, I will be first to admit that simple things, such as writing this blog post, can be incredibly frustrating when you're constantly interrupted by a baby pooping or choking or throwing a plate on the floor, or nearly anything that will prevent a person from being remotely productive.

(...but I love it, really. Just don't tell Maya.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature