I Fried My Best (It's a pun.)

|
*This post contains talk of baby vomit. AAAAAAHHH!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

I was trying to be a good mom this morning and make breakfast. I thought an egg would be good for Maya, even though I don't really care for them, so I fried a few up for us to share. I didn't put anything on it, because babies don't need salt, right? I fed her about six tiny little bites. I ate some myself and regretted it almost immediately. The eggs aren't expired, which I checked first, but even I'm still nauseous.

My "good mom" idea backfired. Maya didn't feel well either, which was obvious. She coughed and opened the portal to an ugly, eggy dimension. Watching your baby get sick is probably the worst thing on the planet, and I say that to make it clear how little I cared about the grossness happening in my arms. However, when the portal closed, Maya looked significantly better and I suddenly became very aware of myself and my now drenched shirt. Without putting Maya down - 'cause LOL it's too late for that - I took off my shirt with one arm, one side at a time. You could call this a mom skill if you want, but the only reason I was in this situation is because I thought it would be a good idea to give an egg to someone I love. Clearly, my intentions were flawed from the start.

Maya was then acting sleepy, and it was about her nap time anyway, and I knew she didn't feel well as it was due to a tonsil infection, so I nursed her. Unfortunately, I saw what little milk she drank come back up just a few minutes later, along with the few remaining bits of egg. I grabbed a towel from the nearby laundry basket and cleaned what I could. She laid her head on my shoulder and was asleep not two seconds later.

At first, I was a little concerned, but knew she was very tired, so I held her long enough to feel confident about laying her on the bed without waking her up. Shortly after, I heard her sweetly talking in her sleep (which is a thing she's been doing lately, probably to follow in the footsteps of her aunt.)

If I learned anything from this experience, it's never to give anyone an egg, ever. Maybe not even if they beg for one. Eggs are weird anyway! They're the wandlore of the culinary world, and for a non-chef like me, I'll just ignore all eggs that don't already belong to my body.

post-eggtraumanap

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature