28 Weeks

|
Nightly leg cramps, daily heartburn, constant lower back pain, swollen feet, puffy cheeks that just won't quit... Daaa dada daaaaa!!! Third trimester, baby!

I was never worried about how long my second pregnancy would seem to be. I had an inkling that it would be over before I knew it, and I've been right so far. Part of me can't believe we're in the last trimester already. My long torso allows me to carry babies deeper (apparently) and because of this, I look about two months behind where I actually am. With Maya, I was a week overdue and a stranger, whose daughter was due a month after me, guessed that I was due a month after her.

I was all, "No, no, man I don't know. I am, in fact, seven days past my due date." We had a good laugh at his ...compliment?... but I was already having contractions by then or else I might have cried a little.

This time, I'm a lot more prepared. For starters, there's a lot less anxiety because I know what to expect. More importantly, I'm prepared to be pregnant longer than they say I'll be pregnant. Can't fool me twice, body!

The joke will still be on me if this kid is born early.

I digress. I meant to say that I guess I was expecting to be in the second trimester forever until my bump was too huge for life. I don't know why. (I'm getting really close to that, anyway.) Like I said, this pregnancy has flown by. I haven't had time to overthink hardly anything. Tragic! Really though, days were like weeks with Maya. Silly childless Reghan, how cute. How cute that you were SO BUSY you were able to just obsess about being pregnant 24/7. Seriously, what did I do with my life before this? Wasted it, I tell you! Pure waste.

I'm excited for this little man to be born. I love pregnancy, but it's like a huge pause. I have more to do than ever before, yet I still have so much I want to do that can't be done until I'm no longer a host. He'll be out of me before I know it, and then months will go by and I'll wake up one day and realize I've been a zombie the whole time. I won't know what day it is, or what month it is, and then I'll get to file a tax return with two kids on it and, at that point, I'll probably wake up a little.

I'm already tired. Just let me sleep, okay?

Don't, really. I have things to do and I think I'm running out of time. I think, I THINK, I'm in the last trimester now?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature