Pet Fever

|
Currently, we have no pets, including the mouse we recently encouraged to be with Jesus. I'll be the first to admit that this is the easier, cleaner, cheaper alternative to letting animals live with you. I also have a child (and a half), and I don't think letting children live with you is a responsible choice, either. However, we're humans and we want love and companionship, so we do what we want, even if it's inconvenient and expensive and messy.
Me, to Justin: "I want a pet. A kitten maybe?"
J: "Is a toddler and a newborn not enough?"
Me: "We haven't had the newborn yet and I still have the fever!"
J: *lovingly rolls eyes*

Our plan does not include pets right now. However, if I show up at home with a pet one day, I cannot be held responsible. It probably needs my love to live. That's not my fault, obviously.

I only suggested a kitten because they're so darn cute. Also, even though I am not a cat person, they're so much more independent than dogs and way easier to take care of. Plus, Maya needs to learn responsibility or something, right? Yeah. That sounds good. Maya needs to learn the joys of caring for someone else. Who am I to deny my child a valuable learning opportunity?

I think Justin wants a pet more than I do. But he can be trusted. I can't, and that's just a fact.

I probably won't get a pet right now. Who knew an exhausted pregnant chick with a toddler would want a hairy living thing to take care of? On that note, why does anyone have pets? Or kids, for that matter?

The point is that you can't judge me for being human. I think that's the point. I don't know. I'm off to the pet store to cuddle some puppies. Or I shouldn't? Nah, it'll be fine. It'll be fine.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature