Tomorrow is Valentine's Day (or Friday, depending on who you ask.)

|
People have been talking a lot about Valentine's Day lately, naturally. Being a holiday lover, I've been really looking forward to it. Not in the sense that I'm hoping I have a super expensive and fancy date night or something, but in theory I'd like to make heart-shaped, love-themed everything and eat chocolate just because.

The thing I realized today, though, is that VALENTINE'S DAY IS TOMORROW and I am completely unprepared. Let's ignore the fact that I'll be at work during the day and won't have time to decorate a house in red, pink, and hearts just for the heck of it. I can assure you that I will not be waking up extra early to make heart-shaped pancakes or pink milk. (I'd have to wake up extra extra early to go to the store, because we are fresh out of milk.) I should also mention how dead I'd be if I ate nothing but sugary food and candy all day. That's not a good way to spend V-Day at all!

Does this make me the Valentine's Scrooge? I don't think so. I don't want to be branded as the Scrooge of anything, especially a holiday revolving around love. And, really, do you have to make your own themed cookies in order to love a holiday? No. No, you don't.

You totally don't have to be a baker to rock V-Day! Romance isn't just dinner and a movie. It's knowing who a person is, knowing what they like, and treating them just because you love them. I'd rather go to a theme park than have dinner by candlelight any day. (How could you possibly see by candlelight anyway? Which reminds me of how dark restaurants are getting these days. Seriously.)

The handmade gifts and cards and love notes, the home-cooked meals, the evenings curled up on the couch with ice cream - These mean much more to me than any fancy dinner ever has.

I'd swoon over being surprised with sweet tea. I'm not easy to please, per se. I just make it easy to please me.

What's your idea of romance? Are you more excited about V-Day or Friday?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature