HOLY CRAP THERE'S A BABY IN THERE

|
Baby Straily, due August 2014

I'm only 13 weeks in tomorrow, and this is already the best experience of my life.

No one tells you how amazing it is. They tell you to wait. They say it's hard. They tell you that you'll never sleep again and you'll worry constantly and that your entire life will change. You'll sacrifice all your energy and money and time on a child that will poop on you and ruin everything you own and probably tell you they hate you at some point. So why doesn't this stop anyone from having babies?

Because what they aren't telling you is HOLY CRAP THERE'S A BABY IN THERE and HOLY CRAP THAT'S MY BABY IN THERE and I JUST HEARD MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT OMG MY HEART JUST EXPLODED I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AAAAHAAAHHGHAHAH!

And this is why, despite income or living arrangements or I guess we should get a better car now, it's always a good time to have a baby. Maybe I'm human and maybe sometimes I'll forget the beautiful thing that's happening to me and focus on the financial burden or how tired I am already or how hard this will be. Hopefully, those moments are few and far between. (Or nonexistent.)

Because I'm having a baby with this guy I really love, and we love this baby so much already that I think we might explode.


I wish I could've taken a video of the ultrasound. I wish I could've recorded our little baby kicking and flipping around and getting the hiccups. I thought I would cry, but I mostly just laughed. I mean, what the heck?! My baby's in there!

It's totally just chillin' and sleeping and hiccupping and lounging and dancing. It has no idea how loved it is. (Or maybe it does. Maybe this is a Baby Genius situation and it - he? she? - is just taking mental notes of how crazy we are before it meets us.)

I feel like I've read every pregnancy blog and article on the whole internet, and I just had to stop. Eventually, you just read the same things over and over again, and you learn that everything you're experiencing is normal and also none of it is.

I don't even mind admitting how unseasoned I am at this parenting thing, this being my first baby and all. I don't need all the answers. (I'm not sure anyone ever gets them anyway.) I have breasts to feed it and arms to hold it and lips to kiss it, and that's all I really need.

 
 
 
 
(Someone please remind me of that often.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature